From:
Doug Hoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 1996 15:53:46 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, San Diego
Natural History Museum <[log in to unmask]> says:

>This is by way of being a survey of usage policies for specimens of
>Federal trust species (species protected under the Migratory Bird Treaty
>Act, the Endangered Species Act, the Marine Mammal Protection Act, and/or
>CITES). Please reply off-list. This is primarily for dedicated
>educational collections with overall policies for lending and
>out-of-house use.

For an interesting contrast, you might contact the Brooklyn Museum. They
had a large, old, school loans collection, complete with foundation funding,
that
could only be used for education, on pain of losing the money if curators
got hold of the specimens. Cheesed them off royally, I understand....