From:
Heidi Campbell-Shoaf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2008 15:24:11 -0500
We do a story time for 3-5 year olds called hiStory hour. They are read an
historically themed picture book, listen and sometimes sing to a
period-appropriate song, and do a related craft project. My education
coordinator could probably address this better, but what both she and I
agree on is that at that age, you are catering to the child as well as the
parent. If the parent thinks the story, activity, song, etc. is clever or
cute then you've won the battle. Also, I have heard some of the parents who
have come to the story time (we do it the 1st and 3rd Tuesday)say that they
continue to sing the song with their child at home, or get the book for the
home library, or similar things.

Heidi Campbell-Shoaf, Curator
Historical Society of Frederick County
24 East Church Street