From:
Holly Chase <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 May 1998 11:11:06 -0600
Dear Kathrine,

Thank you for your response. Just knowing that your museum does not allow wet media in the galleries will be valuable as our museum staff determines the best approach to artists wishing to copy in the galleries. It seems that from the responses I have been receiving that most museums only allow dry media copying. The few that do allow wet media are large museums such as the National Gallery that have large galleries, conservation staff, and storage space for wet canvases and easels.

I do thank you again for your help and information and please feel free to contact me again if you have any more suggestions.

Holly Chase
Assistant Registrar
Museum of Art @ Brigham Young University
North Campus Drive
Provo, UT 84606-1400

(801) 378-8248
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

>>> Kathrine L Walker <[log in to unmask]> April 24, 1998  8:44 am >>>
We only allow pencils/dry media in the galleries.  We are part of a
University, but so far there have been no complaints.
K. W. Schlageck
Beach Museum of Art
K-State