From:
DOUGLAS TILGHMAN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 1995 18:55:08 -0600
From:
Doug Tilghman, Assistant Director, Spencer Museum of Art
University of Kansas, Lawrence KS 66045     913-864-4710
[log in to unmask]               FAX 913-864-3112
    I would appreciate information about your policies and experience with
selling or leasing color transparencies of collection objects for
reproduction.  (Not slides, but larger, typically 4x5 inch transparencies
needed for high-quality printing purposes.)
    We currently "rent" them at $75 for each 90-day period.  This is because
they are very time-consuming to produce; you can't shoot a bunch easily
as with slides.  BUT usually the publisher needs them for a year or more,
and we don't get back most of them.  That's why we charge so much, to
cover the cost of the ones we can't retrieve.  We are considering selling
them instead.
    Any suggestions?  I'll share your comments with the net if you permit.