From:
Julia Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:51:45 -0500
Oh, this seems to be a blatant violation of the copyrights of the
original artist. (only the artist can determine who gets to do a
derivative work)  Your transparency of the work is for your use only and
I assume was made with the artist's permission.  If he wants to
reproduce a painting that is under copyright he needs to contact the
artist.

I have, in the past, been requested to find an artist who would be
willing to "enhance" another artist's work (i.e., paint over parts of it
to suit the painting's new owner) and have flatly refused to recommend
anyone for that kind of job, plus have taken the opportunity to explain
copyrights to the caller.

Julia Muney Moore
Public Art Administrator
Blackburn Architects, Indianapolis, IN