From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 20:35:55 -0700
Ok, dish, Gene!  What was Ms. Janice doing in YOUR
closet?  Oh, the thoughts that could evoke!

And Ms. Janice, is it true that Mr. Gene's closet
bests that of Fibber McGee?

The evolution of new threads from precedent posts are
the ugly ties that bind this group together.  Simply
amazing!

There have been some terribly pregnant thoughts that
have wafted through these cyber walls as a result of
these discussions.  Some have been quite profound.

But if the list could be given one gift, it would be
an extra dose of objectivity.  So many of the
the I, me, me, and mine, and there may be nothing
left.  Just a lot of umbrage and indignation and
urgency!

A pot can be incredibly valuable except in the hands
of someone who has no clue its worth and sells it for
pittance, smashes it, or gives it away.  One only has
to watch Antique Roadshow any given week to find those
valuable treasures that were gotten at yard sales for
a few pennies.

A human life can be extremely valuable unless it comes
from a country, race, ethnic group, age group, gender,
sexual persuasion, disability, political group,
educational class, economic class, city, county, time
zone, weight, or other category you don't like.  Then
it seems it's anything goes.

War does ugly things.  One of those is exacerbate the
stress and passion of many.  Clearly this list saw
that backlash.  It's tough to make polite talk out of
something so ugly as war.

But these are the days of someone else's future
exhibit.

Soon as Janice and Gene get out of the closet, that
is!

--- janice klein <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> BTW I have no problem whatsoever pish-poshing Gene,
> but of course I've seen
> the inside of his closet.
>
> janice
>
> Janice Klein
> Director, Mitchell Museum of the American Indian,
> Kendall College
> www.mitchellmuseum.org

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a Job?  Try Got Links?, Your One-Stop Portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414