Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 1995 12:47:14 CDT
SALLY FLETCHER ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: From: Sally Fletcher <[log in to unmask]>

: The Australian National Maritime Museum is exploring the possibility of
: incorporating some visible storage and other behind the scenes physical
access
: for the public - views into the conservation laboratory for instance,  into
new
: storage facilities.

: I would be grateful for any information on museums or galleries that have
used
: visible or open access storage in any form, successful or otherwise. I am
: particularly interested in systems that do not rely on guided tours, but in
: which visitors are able to move through/past storage or conservation areas
: freely.

: Thank you in anticipation

: Sally Fletcher
: Senior Registrar
: Australian National Maritime Museum
: GPO Box 5131
: SYDNEY NSW 2000
: AUSTRALIA

: Ph: +61 2 552 7777
: Fax: +61 2 552 2318

Just wanted to add that I just graduated from Beloit College in Wisconsin ,
where I worked in the open storage cube. It was a wonderful experience, aside
from the occassional child banging on the glass to get my attention. By the
way, the person to get ahold of regarding this is Henry Moy, the museum
director. His phone number (corrected) is (608) 363-2677 and his email address
is: