From:
Rhonda Newton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 08:13:01 -0500
The Historical Society of Western Pennsylvania's Senator John Heinz Pittsburgh Regional History Center has a glass wall which lists big donors.  More interestingly, they have floor "titles" which individuals, organizations, etc. could purchase.  There are different types, representative of the industries in Pittsburgh - aluminum, steel, glass, etc. - which had different prices.  I suspect that they had a specific number of each designated at the beginning of the capital campaign, since the tiles probably had to be installed during the renovations to the building.

Rhonda Newton
PA Federation of Museums & Historical Organizations