From:
Ruth Marler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 13:07:00 +0000
In message <[log in to unmask]>, Roxanne Lambie
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>Hi,
>
>It is my first week acting as an assistant education officer at an
>Australian national political history museum.
>
>I have been given the project of making a protoype scarecrow for a
>political scarecrow competition that will run in conjunction with the
>annual political cartooning exhibition. It is envisaged that twenty
>teams of four will assemble in the heritage courtyards to construct
>their effigy and the winners will be displayed in the exhibition space.
>
>I am writing to ask for advice for the intital problems that I have
>encountered with this project. I have only $AUS100 that is, $AUS5
>available in the budget for each scarecrow and the stands are not
>allowed to be staked into the heritage lawns. Can any one forward me
>some brilliant ideas on how to construct a cheap stand/ armature
>that will protect the grass ? The courtyards are enclosed, but are not
>very protected on windy days.
>
>Thank you !
>
>Roxanne
How about borrowing some garden umbrella bases - the ones you fill with
water!
--
Ruth Marler in Hampton, Middlesex, UK

Looking for surname WIDDOWS anywhere, anytime for One Name Study
[log in to unmask]    http://www.lamerton.demon.co.uk/genealog.htm