From:
Troy Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 09:31:06 -0700
On Saturday April 25, 1998, a group of Aboriginal people that call
themselves Sinixt (Salish) re-buried some human remains at a place known as
Vallican.  This area lies within the traditional territory of the Ktunaxa
(Kootenay) and I want to know more about this recent repatriation.

The Vallican is near the Columbia River System in the West Kootenays.  This
area is considered to be an area of overlap with other First Nations.

What is being done to address this area of overlap in terms of repatriation
issues?

Where did this recent repatriation originate from?

How can we be certain that the Sinykes are not repatriating Ktunaxa
ancestors?

Is it possible to issue a press release to the media in the West Kootenays
to rectify this situation?

Is anyone working on an Universal Inventory of human remains from within the
Ktunaxa Traditional Territory?

I have started an inventory of Ktunaxa objects but I have very little
information concering human remains.

Troy Hunter
Victoria BC
Canada