From:
"R. Murphy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 1995 23:19:07 GMT
> A kiosk version of netscape or similar would
> presumably have far too many unwanted buttons.
>
> We have macromind's director,but I dont
> know how to drive it and in any case it
> seems a bit over powerful for the simple
> text/graphics he has in mind.

Astound is a nice way to easily make read-only multimedia packages
and has a player that comes with it for either Mac or PC so you
can make one verson for both.

You can remove the buttons on Netscape under Options on the Mac
version but it would be great to have a simpler local version. There's
probably something like that out there somewhere since businesses
have started using HTML documents on their local systems.

I also like Adobe Acrobat but it's a little too complex for a kiosk.

Robbin Murphy