From:
Tina McCalment <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 15:20:07 -0400
Hello listers,
I am looking for input for a research project I'm working on about the
things museums do to engage communities in the life of their institutions.
I'm leaving the definitions broad so that you can interpret community and
engagement in ways that seem appropriate to your circumstance. While I'm
interested in hearing from people employed in positions that are directly
related to the idea of community - outreach, community programs, etc. - I'm
also interested in hearing from those indirectly related to outreach about
the programs in your museum that engage community and how you have been
affected both professionally and personally by those interactions and
programs.
Please feel free to reply off list if you are more comfortable with that
interaction, and if you like, include your phone number so that I can
follow up if necessary.
Thanks for your input, and for the generous information you have provided
in the past for other requests. You are a great resource for the rest of us
in the museum community.
Tina McCalment
Arts Policy and Administration
Ohio State University