From:
Joy Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 1994 02:56:30 PDT
If you're looking for a comprehensive museum studies course that you can
complete at work or at home, we're still accepting applications for "Introduction
to Museum Studies" for the next few weeks. This distance education course, which
has been offered since 1985, has been revised over the past few months to
address the significant changes in accountability, community partnerships, cultural
diversity, technology and funding that are facing museums across the continent.

"Introduction to Museums Studies" uses extensive print materials and some video
programming to cover the following sections:
- Museums: An Introduction
- Collections
- Conservation
- The Public Partnership
- Exhibitions
- Management
Participants communicate by phone or email with a tutor on-campus, and prepare
a variety of assignments which are submitted for grading and feedback. We ask
that all participants be associated with a museum or related organization, in order
to focus their studies and assignments on a practical context. Enrollment can be
on a credit or non-credit basis, and the tuition fee is $590 (Canadian funds)

The companion course "Introduction to Heritage Conservation" is also available.
Please let me know if you'd like further information or registration materials.

Joy Davis
Cultural Resource Management Program
University of Victoria
604-721-8462