From:
"Glenn A. Walsh" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2008 14:23:32 -0800
Here are a couple examples of museum guides from the
late 1980s for Pittsburgh's original Buhl Planetarium
and Institute of Popular Science [a.k.a. in the 1980s
as "Buhl Science Center"], which include facility
maps. The Buhl Planetarium and Institute of Popular
Science operated as Pittsburgh's primary planetarium
and physical sciences museum from 1939 through 1991,
and as a tutorial center for Carnegie Science Center
science and computer classes from 1991 through 1994.

Example 1 [1987 July] --
Front:
< http://buhlplanetarium2.tripod.com/BuhlExplorer1.JPG

Rear:
< http://buhlplanetarium2.tripod.com/BuhlExplorer2.JPG

Example 2 [produced during Buhl's 50th anniversary
celebration in 1989] --

Front:
<
http://buhlplanetarium2.tripod.com/BuhlExplorer50th-1.JPG

Rear:
<
http://buhlplanetarium2.tripod.com/BuhlExplorer50th-2.JPG

> Also: What size paper is used: letter, legal,
> special.

The maps were printed on legal-sized paper.

> 3. If you have a map, is it is a brochure format
> (tri-fold, quad-fold,
> etc) or single sided?

It was one-sheet printed on both sides [with the map
on one side], but not folded.

Hope this helps!

gaw