From:
Rachel Biars <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2012 12:09:54 -0400
Hello Tom,

Like Adrienne, I'm also a candidate in the Archivist/Museum Studies
pool, and I think you'll be surprised at the number of us. I earned an
MLS with a specialization in Archives and Records from Indiana
University and paired it with a dual Masters in Folklore with a
specialization in Public Practice (ie museum studies in my case). I've
found that having a background in archives only boosts my abilities as
a curator in terms of research, representation, organization and
record keeping and I'm sure you'll find that the same is true for you
and your new hire if you decide to go that route! I'll definitely look
forward to seeing your job post. Best of luck!

Rachel Biars
M.A. Folklore & Library Science
2573 Brunswick Ln.
Hudson, OH 44236