From:
Mick Cooper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 22:09:12 +0100
Nottingham Museums are developing a website and are anxious to find
statistics on the diversity of web browsers used by our potential
virtual visitors. Opionion is divided among those with a vested interest
in the web site, varying from "everyone has Real Audio / Shockwave /
other plug-ins and is running browsers on Win 95 PCs" to "the majority
of users are still with Win 3.x," etc. None of these viewpoints seem to
be based on "real" statistics of the diversity of software and hardware
actually used among the population of the Web. Does any one know where
such statistics may be found? Knoweldge of them could be crucial to the
sort of pages we could reasonably develop while striking a practical
balance between on-screen impact and access to the site by as wide a
pubic as possible.

Any thoughts on the subject?

thanks in advance!

Mick Cooper
Registrar, Nottingham Museums
--
Michael P. Cooper * Mineralist * [log in to unmask]