From:
Becky Fitzgerald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 17:16:19 EST
I some need advice!

To laquer or not to lacquer that is the question posed to me by my museum
board.

I am having trouble finding resources to make a rational decision concerning
our museum's large colletion of copper pots which are traditionally cleaned
every year with an extremely abrasive cleaner. Someone suggested to members
of the board that laquering would be a safer alternative, but I'd like to see
that in print (by a reputable conservator.)  Any leads?

Becky Fitzgerald
Executive Director
Erlander Home Museum
404 S. 3rd St.