Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 1995 16:01:41 +0000
Conference Day on Museum Education

Come Join the Special Interest Group in Museum Education and Cultural Action of
the Societe des musees quebecois in Montreal!

Participants from various museums in Quebec and elsewhere will gather for this
event where speakers from three countries will trigger a group discussion on
the following issue:

What are presently the roles and responsibilities of education professionals in
museums?

When: November 17, 1995
Where: Montreal Museum of Fine Art, 1379 Sherbrooke St. West
Time: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Fee:$25 members of the Societe des musees quebecois $30 non-members
Language of presentations and discussion: French and English

What's Up and With Whom!

Nicole Hodcent, Musee d'Orsay, Paris, France

Title: Lecturers, Animators, Mediators: What Profession?
Ms. Hodcent will address the wide diversity in museum statutes, means and
approaches.  Who represents these interests to the public?

Ted Lind, Albany Institute of History and Art, Albany, New York
Title: Change, the Cultural Wars, and Museum Educators
Mr. Lind will discuss the changing role of museum educators in a society in
flux.

Kelly McKenly, Art Gallery of Ontario, Toronto, Ontario

Title: Whence Come We? What Are We? Where Are We Going?: A Canadian Perspective
on the Future Role of Museum Education Professionals
Ms McKenly will examine how museum educators have defined themselves and how
they are repositioning themselves as they move into the 21st century.

Reservation and Information: Societe des musees quebecois
tel:(514) 987-3264 fax:(514) 987-3379
e-mail: [log in to unmask]