From:
Lynne Teather <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 1996 21:46:33 -0400
I find the problem of text books for Museum Studies to be problematic.
There is no one perfect work. Instead, I recommend a series of texts
and have a campus publication of sources representing 3 volumes of
readings for students to cover our foundation course in Intro. to Museums.

One of the sources, however, that we use for Management in Museums is that by
Kevin Moore in the Leicester University  Museum Series published by
Routledge Press. It is a series of selected articles with a fine
intro. by Mr. Moore who is a lecturer at the Museum Studies Program.
Although written from a mainly U.K. viewpoint and a bit on the
expensive side,  the material is certainly useful to most museum management issu
es that I know.

I strongly recommend it.

Lynne Teather,
Assoc. Prof.,