From:
Robin Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 11:00:17 -0500
If your e-mail needs are limited (and I assume that if you're looking for
free service you're not relying on it for daily business), you might try
almost any of the regular ISPs in your area, since many of them have an
inexpensive "plan" for low use that will give you internet access as well as
e-mail and sometimes even web page capability.  I use Mindspring, a company
that's very big in the Southeast but provides national service, and they
have a $6.95/month plan good for 5 hours (then pro-rated charges for
additional time) that works perfectly for my home/non-work account.

Robin Wagner
Projects Coordinator
The Field Museum
Chicago, IL 60605-2496