From:
Nancy Pope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 14:56:02 -0500
I'm coming at this from the curatorial/historian point of view, but I believe that the historian must be part of each process of working with the script. You do not want to run the risk of someone who is changing a sentence or paragraph to make it easier to read also changing historian facts.

At the National Postal Museum, the person curating the exhibit is responsible not only for writing the script, but ensuring that it is also vetted by outside experts. Our scripts are reviewed for grammar, content, flow, etc., by exhibit team members and additional staff members as needed. Our theory has always been the more eyeballs on something, the better. But the final say has to be with the person who knows the material and the director of the museum.

Nancy A. Pope
Curatorial Office
National Postal Museum
Smithsonian Institution