From:
Hervé Gagnon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 08:48:57 -0500
I agree with Claudia and, having given a few graduate seminars at University
of Montreal's graduate program in Museology, I would go even further: a
museum professional without some sort of solid academic background (at least
undergraduate) in another discipline (be it history, art history or biology)
is rather useless in a museum on a day-to-day basis.  You've got to be
competent in a given field before you can work in an institution that is
interested in that field.

Hervé Gagnon
Director-Curator
Colby-Curtis Museum