From:
Steven Teeter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Nov 1994 12:35:26 -0600
I hope this is the best place to post this question.  If there is a
mailing list or a newsgroup more tightly focussed on conservation and
conservators, I would appreciate it if someone could steer me to it.

I am in need of the services of a conservator knowledgeable about 16mm
motion picture film, either in the New Orleans area or willing to travel
here.  I am concerned with a collection of films owned by the Louisiana
State Museum, both black & white and color, silent and sound in various
formats, dating in some cases as far back as the 1950's.  Even a cursory
examination has shown that their condition varies widely, from excellent
to in serious need of rescue.

At the moment I am trying to assess the situation, and would find expert
help invaluable, especially since I will soon be required to formulate a
policy on whether and in what manner the films might be made available to
outside researchers and filmmakers.  Therefore I would deeply appreciate
any referrals or recommendations anyone can give me.  Even a few questions
handled over the phone could be helpful to me in my report to my director
about what is even possible in the case of damaged films.

Many thanks in advance...

Steve Teeter
Asst. Curator of Jazz
Louisiana State Museum