From:
Jay Heuman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 12:10:10 -0500
Hi y'all,

With all this talk about ideas for museum education
activities, I figured I'd suggest Joslyn Art Museum's
"Curriculum Connections"
(http://www.joslyn.org/teach/curriculum.htm).

There are currently six Educator Resource Packets online,
including:

The Art of Construction: Elements of Architectural Design
Greek Pottery: Visual Records of an Ancient Society
Making Art Last: The Care & Conservation of Museum
Collections
The Maximilian-Bodmer Expedition, 1832-1834
Rules & Rebels in 19th-Century French Art
Searching for Ancient Egypt: Art, Architecture, and
Artifacts from the University of Pennsylvania

I wish I could take credit for writing them; alas, they were
put together by our wonderful Education Department and
designed for our web site by me, a self-taught web-dude
(with the help of FrontPage and some basic HTML/Java).

Most have multidisciplinary application - language arts,
social studies, visual arts, etc.  Feel free to use them for
nonprofit educational purposes, and share them in nonprofit
circles.  (We'd especially love feedback if you use them!)

Those which will be added over the next year or two -
depending upon my other duties - are:

Show Me a Story
Picturing Nebraska
Visualizing Time: Art and Cultural Change
Art of the 20th Century: The First Fifty Years
Contemporary Native American Artists
African-American Artists
Animals in Art
Arts of Asia

Sincerely,

Jay Heuman, Visitor & Volunteer Services Coordinator
Joslyn Art Museum, 2200 Dodge Street, Omaha, NE, 68102
342-3300 (telephone)     342-2376 (fax)       www.joslyn.org