From:
Boylan P <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 13:05:48 +0000
In defence of John....

The LISTSERV commands we were ALL  asked to save for future record and use
all seem to work perfectly well for me, BUT....

        you MUST leave the "subject" etc. headers in your e-mail blank!

Indeed as LISTSERV (and MAJORDOMO on other systems) commands are
processed automatically by the reliable though fairly dumb software you
have to leave EVERYTHING else completely blank.  The odd "Bye.." or
signature file will inevitably  throw the system out completely - as
John's standard instructions make very clear.

Patrick Boylan
(NOT signing-off!)