From:
Amalyah Keshet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 1996 07:19:50 PDT
My sentiments -- and our experience -- exactly.  Do they give their
CR-ROMS away for free? Will they produce a CD-ROM for your museum for
free?  Why in the world should you give away *your* product for free?
Supplying your photos to their project costs you money. No, publicity for

your museum is *not* compensation: it doesn't pay for those costs.
Publicity is an extra, a nice by-product of your sale. Nothing is worth
more to a museum budget than payment up front.
name: amalyah keshet
director, visual resources / the israel museum, jerusalem
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
date: 06/19/96
visit our Web site at http://www.imj.org.il