From:
Erin Michaela Bendiner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 2004 12:00:56 -0400
Greetings,

I agree with Laura: experienced proofreaders usually charge $50 to $60
USD per hour. Someone with less experience will spend more time
completing the task. In the end, your choice of using a beginner is
simply not cost effective.

If someone cites you a per-page fee, beware that the project may be
farmed out to an agency that uses temp. workers. While less expensive,
this alternative could result in substandard work.

Your best bet is to look for an experienced publishing professional that
has expertise working with museums, historical societies, and other
cultural and arts organizations.

Please feel free to e-mail me directly if you have further questions.

Erin Michaela Bendiner
Founder, Museum Wordsmith
www.museumwordsmith.com