Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 1996 13:16:07 -0500
On Mon, 7 Oct 1996, Sarah Rooker wrote:

> When should answers to questions be sent to the entire list
> and when should they go privately?  I have been on lists that do both
> and, while I prefer answering to the whole list, I will answer
> privately if that is the way things work here.

Speaking as a lurker: if you are answering a question with information,
then by all means send it to the list! Unless it is an incredibly specific
piece of information (like an email address), others are probably
interested.

I'll second the comment that *Me, too!* posts should not be sent to the
entire list. This is a specific case where you should make the effort to
contact the original poster whenever possible.

Margaret A. Martin

Yale University