From:
Julie Blood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 2011 00:29:52 -0400
Thank you everyone, your suggestions have been very helpful and have given me a lot to think about.  For now, I have made another phone call and left my phone number for the donor to call me back, so far no response.  I've also sent another Deed of Gift by certified mail thanking the donor again for donating the photograph, but informing her that if the Deed of Gift isn't signed by next month then the photo will be returned to her.  As much as we would like to have the photo for our collection, we are trying our best to acquire copyright/reproduction rights for all photos that are accepted into the collection (this is something that wasn't followed in the past and we have a lot of photos with questionable rights of use).

I figure if I don't hear back from the donor by Monday, I will try to call again and arrange a meeting with donor.  Unfortunately, the man that I've talked to on the phone doesn't give me a chance to explain and just rushes me off the phone telling me that she knows about it.

Thank you again for all of your suggestions, I've been sharing them with my Executive Director and Archivist.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Julie Blood
Collections & Exhibits Manager
San Joaquin County Historical Society & Museum