From:
Paul Apodaca <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 1996 22:06:55 -0700
A very common technique in label writing is to create levels of
information in the organization and printing of the label. A quick ten
second glance can give basic identification, more descriptive info such as
measurement, materials used, etc. then follows, and a small paragraph
giving contextual information follows that. In this way you get the ten
second, thirty second, or one minute reader all covered in the same label.
There is more info on how long people spend in galleries than on labels
available. Security surveys are good for looking at audience durations in
museums.

Paul Apodaca