From:
Robin Frisch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:12:24 -0600
I am the Events Manager in charge of special events at Naper Settlement, a 19th Century history museum in Naperville, IL.

The secret shopper reports are helpful to me, though I do keep them in perspective. There are 2 parts to the report that we receive, a quantitative checklist and then a narrative essay section. I personally find the narrative the most helpful part of the report.

Our secret shopper usually comes with children and gives both her perspective and that of the children that are with her, which is helpful to hear. I do realize that when she comes it is just one "slice of time" of maybe a couple of hours for an event that may be going 2 - 5 days for 4-5 hours each day.

I do not think anyone's job should be on the line based upon a Secret Shopper report, there are just too many variables there that would  make that very unfair, but kept in perspective, for us the Secret Shopper report has been a useful tool to obtain objective information.

Robin D. Frisch
Events Manager
Naper Settlement
523 S. Webster Ave.