From:
"O'malley, Erin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2014 15:06:51 -0500
Thank you everyone for your responses. I did not mean my question to come off as I was against the idea in all cases, but truthfully it's not something we've done in the past and I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any glaring problems that those with more experience had had. The inquiring institution, while local, is one I have never worked with before and have no connections with. This was something that came from one of my bosses. Our exhibit cases are old and we're very limited in the number that we have, they are also shared across many departments and we have no budget to replace them, hence my hesitance.

If anyone has any forms or wording for lending out equipment those would be most helpful. We have loan forms, but nothing that would deal with something like this. The lending institution mentioned they would pay for transport, but I also want to get something in writing that they would also be responsible for any damage/replacement of the cases. As I said we have no budget, so if they get destroyed we can't afford to replace them ourselves.

Feel free to send me forms off list.

Thanks again.

Erin

Exhibits