From:
Training Station 1 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 1996 16:10:35 -0700
Troy McCormick wrote:

> I am working with a new museum that has experienced 60,000 visitors in the
> first two months and the visitation is still holding at 800 per day.  The
> ticket window for purchasing tickets for the orientation theater
> presentation (fist stop in their museum experience) sells tickets and
> visitors line up waiting for the every 20 minute showing. I want to
> eliminate the need to wait in line by selling tickets with a time stamp on
> them.
>
> I am looking for some off the shelf, or at least field tested software,
> that will allow advance ticket sales, print the time of show for which the
> ticket was sold, and total ticket sales at the end of the day.  It seems
> easy, but the museums and movie theaters in my area don't really have
> anything that seems to work well.
>
> Any suggestions or warnings, would be appreciated.
>
> Troy McCormick
>
> --
> Troy McCormick

Hi Troy,

We have just the ticketing system, it's called ATMS (Advance Ticket
Management System) it was developed by a Science Centre for the Museum
and Science Centre industry.  If you want more information, you can
contact me at (403)452-9100 voice or [log in to unmask], or you can
contact the actual developers Van Os & Associates at [log in to unmask] or
(403)421-0499 voice.

Either one of us would be happy to tell you more. There are 3 other
Science Centres and one museum currently using it.  It can do advance
sales, phone sales, group bookings, memberships (sales & benefit
redemption), scheduling, foreign exchange, etc... and tons of reports.

Hope we can help.

Karin McKee
Information Systems
Edmonton Space & Science Centre