From:
John Martinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:17:40 -0600
Ways to tell the success of our programs/exhibits:

1.  comments from visitor(s) to staff
2.  comments to other organizations in the community about the
exhibit/museum
3.  correspondence / letters to the museum from previous visitors about
the exhibit
4.  return visitors to see the same exhibit or recommendations to see
it from prior visitor(s).
5.  Chamber of Commerce / Visitor Centers receives comments
6.  newspaper or other community/local newsletters articles on your
exhibit/museum
7.  donation box located near the exhibit or leaving the museum or by
mail commenting on the exhibit.

However, as mentioned, surveys, comment boxes are the best or logs when
people
leave the museum are the best.

John
Boise, ID

Hello-

My museum is trying to implement more accurate ways to determine the
success of our programs and exhibits.  We realize the importance of
our "comments" box and teacher evaluations, but sometimes feel that the
=

comments given are too vague to determine what we need to change to
becom=
a more effective educational institution.  We also don't want to corner
=

people with long surveys.  Does anyone know of creative ways to find
out =

what impact a museum is having on visitors?

Thanks-

Andy

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
read "help" (without the quotes).