From:
Ruth Marler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 10:12:03 +0100
As part of a Museums & Galleries module on History of Art course at
Kingston University, I am working on the following essay:-

"Much has been made of new technologies and their educational function
in galleries and museums of the present.
Discuss the merits and disadvantages of such innovations, and provide
examples."

I would be grateful for input from anyone on the list. Most of you seem
to be actually working in galleries & museums & so will know at first
hand whether multi-media etc hinder or help what you are trying to do.

If you reply to me, I would like to be able to quote you in my essay so
it would be preferable if you could give your name & place of work.

Please note, I am NOT asking you to write my essay for me. This is a
relatively new topic and what little has been written (more in journals
than books) is not particularly easy to obtain.

Thank you

--
Ruth Marler in Hampton, Middlesex, UK