From:
Eileen Mak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 1994 11:06:13 -0400
Robert Guralnick wrote about virtual exhibitions that "if it is going to
work, it had better be interactive and educational." What does it mean to
be "educational"? What makes one experience educational and another not?
Humans learn from all of their experiences, regardless of whether what
they learn is useful or good (by our middle class North American
standards). So who decides, and how, which are educational?

It's not meant to be an offensive question; its just something I've been
thinking about lately.

Eileen

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Eileen Mak         |
Dept. of History   |          "I knew this would happen!"
UBC                |                        -- George Orwell
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX