From:
NM Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jan 1995 07:40:42 LCL
I'm very curious as to what the AMNH plans to do with the Carl Akeley dioramas
(African mammals)...I hope they're not going to re-do them or remove any of
them.  At the Field Museum, we 'spruced up' the actual dioramas' areas, new
paint, new lighting and such, but didn't mess with the insides too much.
Anyone out there from AMNH know what kind of plans the Museum has for the
Akeley dioramas?

-Nina-

(Nina Cummings // The Field Museum, Chicago)

(some deleted...)
In article <[log in to unmask]
> Michael Rhode <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Date: Fri, 27 Jan 1995
15:16:01 EST

>From: Michael Rhode <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: American Museum of Natural History expansion

>Of course, I LOVED the old place and its dated exhibits and read with a pang
>that they've almost complete reinstalling the dinosaurs.  The article mentions
>the "dreary dioramas" which is kind of amusing in that they were cutting edge
>when they were built.  You can find articles on them in old Curators and Int.
J.