From:
Elizabeth Walton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2012 15:10:04 -0400
There was just a discussion about this on RCAAM a few days ago. Really
there is no simple answer, different methods have different pluses and
minuses and depend on space, and how often you need to access them.
Rolling helps reduce kinks, but also puts uneven pressures on the
fabrics, especially things like ties that have multiple layers of
fabric. Rolling also can tend to create a bunching on the inside of
the roll if not properly done.
I am a big fan of the trays and boxes, as they can then be more
visible with each pice having a compartment and the box preseventing
light and dust from creating damage.
Interleaving can also be tricky, regular tissue does practically
nothing to prevent slipping and sliding with silk materials.