From:
Harry Needham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 11:01:31 -0400
Ian Kerr-Wilson wrote:

> No way this canoe is going to float.  With little confidence, we cover the
> tear with the new tape.  Wonders! its waterproof!  We spend the next week
> bouncing off rocks and the tape still holds.  There is a benevolent
> supreme being. QED.

I cannot count the number of times I have used duct tape to patch together
things on camping, fishing and hunting trips. More recently, I have been
conned into doing historical re-enactments (War of 1812) by my lady friend.
Unfortunately, she does period cooking, which requires us to transport great
gobs of equipment, kitchen flys etc., using a not that large car. How do I
fasten all the tent poles for a marquee tent, large kitchen fly and wedge
tent onto my roof rack? You guessed it! Duct tape. Cheap and highly
effective. Beats bungee cords any day. Don't leave home without it!