From:
RIchard Fields <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 1995 14:41:26 LCL
An interesting observation. I heard Paul Harvey discuss the exhibit of the
Enola Gay on his radio program today. He is not what I would call the most
liberal person in the media, but he seemed to feel the Smithsonian made the
wrong choice. What he suggested was putting the plane on display at the
Experimental Aircraft Association's (EAA) museum in Oshkosh, Wi. He seemed
to feel they would be able to display the exhibit as developed in a better
way then the Smithsonian, for they are free of the federal entanglments. An
unrealistic idea, but I found it curious, and thought I would pass it on.

    Rick Fields
    IA Grad Student
    MTU