From:
Ginny Cass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 18:35:55 -0700
Berry, Maria wrote:

> The Chicago Museum of Science and Industry has (or had last July) an
> exhibition on food (which I thought was quite good except for the sexist
> language and assumptions which were surpirsing in such a recent
> exhibition).
>
> > ----------

This exhibit is not new...I can remember seeing it several (5+?) years
ago.  If I remember correctly I was surprised that they had moved the
(very popular) incubator with hatching chicks into the food exhibit.

The food exhibits I like best are at county and state fairs.  There are
culinary exhibits as well as agricultural exhibits.  These are obviously
not permanent exhibits, nor are they usually museum quality, but they
almost always show local foodstuffs (cooked dishes and grains,
vegetables, etc.).

On my recent trip to the Chicago Field Museum, I noticed an exhibit that
looked like a market place (with booths to sell fish, etc.).

Ginny.