From:
Ed Gyllenhaal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 1997 12:28:28 GMT
Hi all

My museum is looking into the possibility of automating our collections.
Last week I attended a seminar in museum computing and heard about a new
collections management program called Pastime2000. I understand that it's a
newcomer to the market and, while several people at the seminar said that
it "looks promising," no one had actually tried it out. The price is much
more affordable for a small museum with a small budget. They are sending me
a fully functional demo, limited to 100 records.

Here's their web page:

http://www.pastime2000.com/

Does anyone else use this program? I'd be very grateful for any opinions
about it, or any leads on other "affordable" software (SNAP! for Windows,
at $4995 plus $1000 for each additional user is just too expensive for us).

Thanks for any and all advice!

Ed Gyllenhaal
Curator
Glencairn Museum