From:
Ted Kessel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 08:05:03 -0400
Hello list!

COSI Columbus is moving from our present location to a new larger location
less than a mile
away, "on the Riverfront," in downtown Columbus, Ohio.

As part of the preparations for our move we have been evaluating our
collections.  Our intention is
to keep only those objects in our collections which we are likely to use or
display in the near future,
and deaccession the rest.

I am the person chosen to be the "Project Registrar" for this task.

Last week I visited the "warehouse" for off-site storage, which also must
be cleaned up and consolodated
for our move.

There I found two LARGE projectors.  They appear the be 35mm.  I believe
they were donated to us
by local theaters about 30 years ago for an exhibit we never produced.
They are in "dis-assembled" condition,
with pieces and parts for them nearby.  We do not know which theaters gave
them to us.

They are in "fair" condition, and appear to have been modified by the
theater company before they were
given to us.

If anyone is interested in these objects, they are in a warehouse in
Columbus, OH.  You can have them
"as-is, as-where."

I did take a couple of photos, if someone is really interested.

We close our present site on September 6, (we open the new one Novemeber
6).  I plan to clear out the
warehouse the last week of August, so the projectors need to be gone by
that time.

Thanks,

Ted Kessel
COSI Columbus