From:
janice klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 1997 10:41:30 -0500
Because of the many potential threats to objects on exhibit from dirt,
water, pests and visitors, as well as variations in humidity and
temperature, it is our policy to require Anthropology Department objects on
loan to be exhibited in securely closed (sometimes climate controlled)
cases.  We sometimes make exceptions if the borrowers can convincingly show
how these threats will be mitigated by security, design, etc.  Of course the
last time we did that I got a telephone call from the borrower about having
to room a spit ball from one of our objects....

Janice Klein
Registrar, Dept of Anthropology
The Field Museum