From:
Franklin J Headley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 1995 18:14:49 -0500
Nancy,

No, in fact it is not the case that Gingrich fired the house historian
because she merely wanted to bring in a second opinion. (There are many
interesting controversies over both the causes and the meanings of World
War II, which I agree could be discussed in a high school classroom).
Instead, she was interested in promoting a particular political
agenda which privileged the racist ideology of Nazis and KKK members.
Their views are well known to history because we still live with the
legacies of the Holocaust and racial discrimination.

Franklin Headley