From:
Janette Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 1995 15:45:57 MST
Re:  World War II.  This may be a little off the subject, but I want to
add that we should not overlook how Japanese-American (US citizens) were
deprived of their property and placed in camps.  Also, other US citizens
were placed in camps or prisons for refusing to serve in the war.  One of my
uncles was a Jehovah's Witness and was so incarcerated.  He related how he
was thrown into rattlesnake pit (the feelings against those who refused to
serve ran mighty high).  Uncle Charley said that had he to do it over again --
he wasn't sure he would do the same thing.     Jan.
G1824303 at nmsuvm1.nmsu.edu  (& nope, I'm not a Jehovah's Witness)