From:
deborah bain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 1996 10:30:34 -0800
>As part of a radio story I'm working on, I am looking for any kind of links,
>influence, etc... regarding Frank Lloyd Wright and Charles Rennie Mackintosh.
> I realize they never met, but is there any written material out there
>regarding the two men?  This could include their similarities/differences,
>philosophies, impact, etc..in terms of their work.
>Any information is helpful and can be sent off list to [log in to unmask]
>
>Thanks in advance.

Glasgow Museums  just did a major retrospective of Mackintosh's work.  The
exhibit is now here in the states:  The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New
York, November 1996 - 16 February 1997,;  The Art Institute , Chicago, 29
March - 22 June, 1997; and the Los Angeles Museum of Art, 3 August - 12
October 1997.  You might be able to contact the organizers of the
exhibition to see if they came across any relation between FLW and CRM
during their research for the exhibit.

Contact: Daniel Robins, Curator
McLellan Galleries
Glasgow Museums