From:
Suzanne Cowan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 1998 18:14:30 -0700
This is a preliminary notice of an upcoming position. Sorry I cannot say
exactly when state personnel will open this position, but we hope to
fill within three months.

                            Chief of Exhibits

The New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science, Albuquerque, New
Mexico is seeking an energetic, creative, experienced exhibit developer
to head our exhibits department. This is a senior management position
which reports to the Director. This person will direct all
phases of the museums's exhibition program: development, design,
production, installation, maintenance, repair of permanent and
travelling exhibits. The museum is currently planning an addition of two
permanent halls and an expansion of another.  The successful candidate
will be able to coordinate staff time, and work with and supervise
outside contractors to complete projects. The Chief of Exhibits works in
a team with other departments; science, education, registration, public
information, marketing and development. The position also manages
department budget, oversees scheduling of exhibits, and coordinates
activities with other departments.

All exhibits are developed with a team approach that includes
curatorial, education, conservation involvement with the emphasis on the
visitors experience.

The salary range of this position is between $31,900 - $47,986.

This is a preliminary notice, the position is subject to all laws and
procedures of State Personnel Code of New Mexico. For more information,
requirements and on applying please contact Bernice Gutierrez at (505)
841-2856.

If you are at AAM and wish to talk to someone at the meeting, please
leave a message for Dr. Richard Smartt at the message Board, he will try
to contact you to discuss the position or leave a resume at the
Placement Center.
--
Suzanne Cowan
Chief, Registration Division