From:
Thomas Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 1995 16:41:29 -0600
It's ironic that when our state's governor decided to reorganize the
different departments, he "just naturally" thought it would be a good idea
to lump all the state museums with the state libraries and toss in the
state arts council for good measure! The current director of this new
Department of Museums, Library and Arts was (and is) the director of the
State Archives (library).

I'm not saying whether this is a great idea or not, because I don't really
know yet. But the purposes and directions of the two (three!) different
types of organizations seem to be very different from each other in many
ways, no matter how similar they appear to those holding the administrative
scissors.

Exhibits Director
Nevada State Museum & Historical Society
700 Twin Lakes Drive, Las Vegas NV 89107
702-486-5205