From:
Jim Angus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 14:28:12 -0700
Hi All,

I am chairing the Best of the Web Awards for 2001.  The Best of the
Web awards are announced at the annual Museums and the Web conference
(http://www.archimuse.com/conferences/mw.html).

I am currently looking for volunteers that are willing to be involved
in the judging process.  Judges must be willing to attend the annual
conference and any web sites associated with a judge will be
ineligible for an award.

I'm looking for 12 judges and 4 back up judges.  The judges need to
be from diverse geographic areas and represent a wide range of
museums.  I also feel strongly that the panel of judges should be
diverse in terms of gender, ethnicity and handicap.

So, if you are planning on attending the annual conference and are
willing to be a judge, please drop me a note to my museum address:
[log in to unmask]  Please do not respond to the list.

Please include the following information:

Name:
E-mail Address:
Museum:
Location of Museum:
Type of Museum (Art/Science/History/Culture):
Job Title:
Telephone Number:

And now for the socially awkward question:

How would you describe your ethnicity, your gender and/or your handicap?

You will not be excluded from the process just because you are not an
African-American Lesbian of Color with Cerebral Palsy.  I just want
to make sure I have a diverse panel.

I apologize for any political correctness or incorrectness that I may
have displayed.

Jim Angus

--

-----